This programme is designed for experienced coaches who wish to further explore International Coaching Federation (ICF) core competencies and ethical frameworks for internal and external Coaches. It is also useful for personal development, for reflective practice and for line managers who work in organisations who have adopted a coaching culture. This programme will be covered under the ICF Continued Coach Education (CCE) suite of programmes.
The outcome for this CoachME Level 6 programme will be an ICF Professional Certificate in Team, Leadership, Executive and Board Coaching and entitles delegates to use the BMC designation CoachME Executive Coach (CMEC). This programme includes one written examination.
The programme has been designed for experienced coaches who have a strong level of core coaching skills and with around 100 hours coaching experience and 40+ hours accredited coach training. This programme is ideal for delegates who wish to explore, improve and validate their work as a coach with teams and groups.
It is aimed at:
- Leaders and senior managers
- Experienced internal or external coaches
- HR and Learning and Development professionals
- Delegates in a professional role working with teams
- Team leaders and managers who are directly responsible for the on-going performance, appraisals and development of colleagues
- Delegates new to performance coaching or those wishing to refresh their skills.
This programme can be delivered either:
- Face to face over a period of two and a half days or
- Via live interactive webinars online over ten sessions
This programme can be delivered in the following languages: English, Arabic, German and Japanese.
Coach led presentation, reading and research, observed coaching sessions, peer feedback, case studies, triad practice session, self-reflection and self-evaluation, use of BMC and other published Coaching models.
MODULE ONE – TEAM COACHING
- Define the role of team coaching and explore strategies which can be employed
- Examine the characteristics of effective team coaching sessions and explore what works well
- Explore contracting for team coaching
- Examine team coaching competencies
- Evaluate how diagnostic tools can be used to enhance team coaching
- Critically review how assumptions and perceptions influence team coaching
MODULE TWO – LEADERSHIP AND EXECUTIVE COACHING
- Critically review the purpose and role of Leadership and Executive Coaching in developing leadership performance
- Evaluate the contribution of Leadership and Executive Coaching in developing leadership performance
- Critically review the characteristics of, and conditions, for effective leadership executive coaching practice
- Examine and critique the skills and behaviours required for effective performance in an executive coaching role
- Critically review own ethical and moral values, beliefs, attitudes and personal integrity and assess their effect on own and others’ behaviour in the executive coaching relationship
- Critically review own communication skills, emotional intelligence and ability to build effective executive coaching relationships in a diverse social and cultural environment
- Explain how clients’ personalities, characters, value systems, knowledge, skills, experience, role and organisational context affects executive coaching practice
- Use peer mentoring and reflective learning to develop self as an effective executive coach
- Critically review feedback and reflect on own performance to aid development as an executive coach, using appropriate techniques to identify own development needs and plan and take action to improve own executive coaching practice
- Examine models of leadership and the characteristics of effective leaders
MODULE THREE – COACHING THE BOARD
- Designing relationships and analysing systems
- Connection and synergy
- Diversity – Cross-cultural Boards and cross-geographical locations
- Playing with a pilot group
- Internal and external Board members
- CoachME model – incorporating key strengths – skills, knowledge and experience plus behaviours
- Continuous improvement coaching cycle
- Evaluate coaching practice
- Examine the growing challenges of the board